Vision & Mission
To be the leader in skills development in the country.
To develop a skilled, capable, competent and professional workforce to transform the wholesale and retail sector.
- To create a culture of lifelong and workplace learning;
- To address historic imbalances with a focus on class, race, gender, geographical locations and disability, in the development of people in the W&R sector;
- To facilitate funded and accessible training to meet the sector needs; and
- To align with national development strategies in line with the requirements of government to foster skills development in the W&R Sector for productivity and employment.
- We place high value in the members of the W&RSETA team.
- We continually treat each other with respect and dignity.
- We support each other in action, word and behaviour.
- We optimise strong ethics, integrity and trustworthiness.
- We care for each other and are sensitive about feelings, concerns, frustrations and limitations.
- We are honest with each other and are prepared to engaged openly and frankly on differences.
- We thrive on positive and constructive feedback.
- We are zealously co-responsible and accountable for the team’s efforts.
- We respect the unique contribution that each individual makes and recognise that “I” cannot be fully “me” without “you”.
- We give each other space and accept the responsibility for the impact of our actions in the team.
- We positively affirm our confidence in each individual’s ability to deliver excellently.
- We make time to regularly interact and reflect meaningfully on what is really important.
In terms of our guiding principles, the W&RSETA accepts, promotes and gives effect to the applicable legislation and
to our vision, mission and objectives by adhering to the following principles:
- Encourage and promote the International Labour Organisation’s (ILO) Decent Work Agenda;
- Apply non-discriminatory employment practices;
- Be fair and equitable in all dealings with and treatment of stakeholders, suppliers and vendors;
- Develop and implement best business practices;
- Provide quality service to stakeholders in an effective, economical, efficient and innovative manner;
- Encourage adherence to the sectoral determination within the W&R sector; and
- Foster sound corporate governance principles as outlined in King III.